COVID-19 Vaccination Status
Please DO NOT contact the practice regarding proof of your vaccination status for travel or other purposes.
Click here for advice on how you can obtain this via the NHS App or by calling 119.
NHS COVID Pass for 12 – 15 year old’s for international travel
The NHS COVID pass is now being rolled out to 12 – 15 year old’s for international travel, allowing even more people to be able to prove their vaccination status.
- Fully vaccinated 12 to 15 year old’s are now able to access a NHS COVID Pass Letter for international travel
- Follows government decision to extent the vaccination programme to offer of both doses of vaccine to all 12 to 15 year old’s
- Children remain exempt from certification in domestic settings and at the UK border
Children who have had a full course of a COVID-19 vaccination will be eligible for a NHS COVID Pass Letter.
This will allow those children who have had doses of approved vaccine to travel to countries, including Spain and Canada, which now require 12 to 15 year old’s to be fully vaccination to gain entry, avoid isolation, or access venues or services.
To get an NHS COVID Pass, your child will first need to register for a NHS login. Once they have logged into the NHS COVID Pass service and clicked on ‘Travel’, they will be asked to prove their identity. They can do this themselves (or a parent or guardian can help them).
Your child will need to:
- register for an NHS Login using their own email address and their details as recorded at the GP
- Take a photo of their ID (Such as their passport)
- record a short video of their face saying the 4 digits as shown on screen (This is to provide a physical match to their photo ID)
You can order a digital NHS COVID pass:
- Through the NHS.UK website for those aged 12 and over as a PDF you can download or print
- via the NHS App for those aged 13 and over(Age restrictions apply for use of app)
The NHS COVID Pass letter service is for international vaccination status only and will not show recovery or negative test results.
Your GP cannot provide you with this letter or service.
The NHS COVID Pass letter service is no for use a domestic venues and settings in England as under 18s are exempt from domestic certification requirements.
Covid 19 Booster Vaccination Information
Government guidance is that Covid vaccination boosters should be given using Pfizer vaccine even if the first vaccines given were Astra Zeneca.
This is considered to be completely safe and effective.
The only exception is where someone had an allergy to the Pfizer vaccine.
In this situation you should discuss this with your GP.
For more information, see the JCVI statement regarding a COVID-19 booster vaccine programme for winter 2021 to 2022